English translation?

Auflistung von gewünschten Features, Ausschreibung zur Umsetzung
courage2000

English translation?

Beitrag von courage2000 »

Hello,

From what I see, the entire interface of OpenWB is only in german language or I did not search carefully.

Is any easy way to translate the interface and to keep the changes on upgrade?

I can try to translate the interface.
LutzB

Re: English translation?

Beitrag von LutzB »

Sorry but the current interface is not designed to be easily translated. Every word is hardcoded and even some values delivered from the backend with mqtt are in german.

I have no idea, if support for other languages is planned in the near future, but Kevin will know it.
courage2000

If is hardcoded, it can always put a small Gif with link for google translate on each section or a translation in Html “title”
openWB
Site Admin

Beitrag von openWB »

I‘m sorry. Different languages are not supported at the moment and not planned as our main market is DACH only.
Supportanfragen bitte NICHT per PN stellen.
Hardwareprobleme bitte über die Funktion Debug Daten senden mitteilen oder per Mail an support@openwb.de
Thomas aus W

Beitrag von Thomas aus W »

If someone likes to volonteer this is how i18n could be implemented:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... tic-method

@Kevin: might be a good idea to provide some kind of convention, apattern how that keys should be named, before someone starts actual work on that. An i18n folder and a(n empty) language-template file might be a good point to start with...

bye
TW
courage2000

I would make the translation, but a template/languagr file is needed.
Thomas aus W

Beitrag von Thomas aus W »

On behalf of the OWB team I thank you for the offer, but the actual translation is the smallest piece of work.

Internationalization has some traps that need to be addressed and concidrerd before starting it, and as Kevin wrote, I18N has a very low priority.

But you might clone OWB from github (https://github.com/snaptec/openWB) and create your private english version for yourself... ;o)

bye
TW
fraatti

Beitrag von fraatti »

Features of this wallbox looks good, any updates about translation plans?
courage2000

There are no translation plans, so no news...

I wait to for my Fronius PV system to be installed and I'll embark on the openWB quest...
hominidae

Beitrag von hominidae »

courage2000 hat geschrieben: Fr Jul 23, 2021 8:02 am I wait to for my Fronius PV system to be installed and I'll embark on the openWB quest...
actually, I think taht there are only a few terms that you need to learn...google translate does a fairly good job on each webpage, it will just look ugly :lol:
After you get familiar with these terms, use the german layout or create your own UI based on mqtt+IOBroker/Node-Red.
Antworten